Job Title: Human Resource Manager for a Hotel
- A graduate of Human Resources or Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree education.
- Should be well versed in HR and Payroll Management Systems (HRIS Systems).
- Should have excellent skills in Microsoft Office, HRIS system, Applicant Tracking system, and online recruiting resources.
- Should have at least five years Human Resources management experience required preferably in the hospitality industry
- Should have had minimum experience of 1 to 2 year in the same position at 4 Star or 5 Star Hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved.
- To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing & recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR administration.
- To coordinate all matters of employee work permits and visas.
- To coordinate and / or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire hotel orientation program.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- Coordinates, controls and inspects employee’s facilities, meals, rest rooms etc. ensuring it is of the highest possible standard of cleanliness and comfort.
- Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and material
- Encourage a good standard of employee conduct and behavior and coordinates disciplinary procedure as and when necessary.
- Ensure appraisals are carried out for every employee as at when due or as per hotels management policy, and also review all appraisals and follow up on development needs, if required.
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations Assists other department heads HOD’s in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments. Assists with and ensures that all procedures concerning promotion, transfer and staff resignation is carried on within Company policy and also within legal boundaries
- Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Assists in overseeing preparation of reports required by government agencies.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including monthly staff meeting
- Assists in the administration of the Hotel’s social and staff benefit programs Eg: Employee of the Month, Leader of the Month, and other staff incentives. Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counselling and discipline
- Promote employee communication activities and channels, to encourage and enable feedback from staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
- Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
- Oversee the management of the recruiting process including position management, advertising, working with recruitment agencies.
- Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
Have a Strong background preferably in the hospitality sector in employment, employee relations, benefits, wages and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies.
Strong written communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Interested candidate should forward their CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday,23rd October 2018.